gestalt

the fourth stop on my little san francisco pub crawl
and the last stop where i took any notes or photos
was gestalt, a bike courier bar a couple of doors up 16th from monk's kettle


totally down to earth food and decor
i want to know how they came up with a vegan tuna melt...
the vegan brats are amazing - i don't think any meat-eater could find fault with them
(my very cocky notes read:  "i challenge any meat eater to NOT be satisfied by the vegan brats here.  challenge.  it's open.  name your price.  but be willing to LOSE!" - i think it is a very good thing this was the last of the notes i managed to take!)


unfortunately they were out of my first two choices (wipeout ipa and tricerahops) so i went with one i've had before in a bottle, lagunitas hop stoopid
delicious and oh so hoppy
also quite a high alcohol percentage (which seemed to be the theme of my night - ouch!)

stacey had the pilsner, alison had a weihenstephan (dark wheat) and alex went with the anchor steam


we did continue to drink there, but my notes ended
and my memories are quite dim
but i really liked the place, especially after we got a table and there was no fear of me falling over!
i'd go there again

3159 16th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110, United States
(415) 655-9935

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

brewing up gender parity

the end of an era

label of love