musings on my lack of sobriety

it hasn't even been a month since i started drinking again
but i have me some thoughts on the happiness i get from drinking

i like drinking
especially beer

i like to do it fairly often
i like to do it with my friends
i like to do it with my enemies, okay, well, it helps me think more of my enemies
i like to do it in the morning
i like to do it in the afternoon
i like to do it in the evening
i like to do it just to the point of social lubrication
i do not like to do it to the point of illness

having my first drink off-cleanse and on vacation was wonderful
having several more later that evening was even better!
good company, fun new places to visit and warm weather all combined to make it a fabulous night of intoxication, not all of it from the beers and margaritas
(and don't get me started on the hot brazilians we ended our night with...)

but seriously, there's something about the conviviality of drinking
about the social lubrication of mild intoxication
the walls coming down, the smiles coming more easily, the laughter flowing
that makes me revel in sharing drinking time with old friends and friends i'm about to make
like one friend put it, you get a shine on

i like that taking some time off from drinking makes the starting back up again feel like a gift
now where's my damned beer?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

brewing up gender parity

the end of an era

label of love