the best by far at the ones at deschutes in portland
and here is the recipe of how to make their pretzels and the cheese and mustard sauce they serve with them
you are very, very welcome!
HOW DO THEY MAKE THAT PRETZEL & CHEESE DIP?
1 oz Yeast
2 Tbs Sugar
2 1/2 Cups Inversion IPA
2 Tbs Soft Butter
1 Tbs Salt
2 lb 4 oz Hi Gluten Flour
- Combine yeast, sugar and beer until proofed
- Mix all ingredients with dough hook in mixer
- Place in oiled container and let double in size (about an hour)
- Cut into 16 equal pieces
- Roll into balls, cover with plastic and let sit until relaxed
- Roll each ball into a rope about 4 feet long, twist into shape and place on a tray in the fridge or freezer
- Get a large pot of water to boil (add a few Tbs. baking soda)
- When pretzels have risen a little but are fairly firm, boil them for 1 minute each and put onto an oiled baking sheet then egg wash and salt them
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes
- Cool and serve with Cheese Dip and your favorite Deschutes beer!
*Makes 16 pretzels
1 lb Cream Cheese8 oz Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese1 pint Heavy Cream1 Tsp Salt
- Beat all ingredients in a mixer until they are thick like a paste
- Scoop it into a medium baking dish and bake until bubbly
- Top with ale mustard (1/4 C whole grain mustard 1/4 C Black Butte Porter mixed together)
- Dip your pretzel into this sauce and your taste buds will thank you!