beer advocate and the snakebite

yay!  beeradvocate issue #41 arrived in my mailbox the other day!
i love mail.
i love beer.
mail about beer is really a fabulous thing!
and there's an article by BrewDog about their philosophy.  i love BrewDog!
check it out my friends, check it out!

And from the beer advocate website, this age-old question rears its enquiring head:

"A proper snakebite?

A friend of mine turned me onto snakebites a few months ago, and I've been looking for a good combination of beer and cider to mix together. Last weekend I gave Narragansett and Strongbow a try, which was pretty tasty, but I think I can do better.

The liquor store I work at only has Woodchuck, Strongbow and Magners, but we've quite a good selection of imported and domestic beers, so I figured I'd ask BA what a good combo would be."

wow, i never thought of experimenting with the snakebite.  i just happily lap up whatever the pub gives me.  no more!  i shall experiment everywhere strongbow is sold (because as far as i'm concerned, that's the best cider vancouver has to offer... unless anyone cares to turn me on to something better) and come up with my definitive snakebite!
i love a challenge!
and happily, just in time for summer, when cider drinking is at its peak in my life!
hot damn, beer is a good thing!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

brewing up gender parity

the end of an era

label of love