san francisco

while i was in s.f. i didn't have time to get to all the lovely beer places i had dreamed of
but i did get some lovely beers to go
which i enjoyed at various events i went to
i mean if there's a budweiser beer garden
why wouldn't i bring my own alternative beer to it???

on friday i imbibed the stone double bastard
which may have been a little too much for me after the excesses of thursday
i shall have to revisit this one another time
overwhelmingly hoppy, quite boozey
it kicked my ass and my taste buds!


then on satuday i enjoyed my four-pack of hop crisis from 21st amendment
hoppy, surprisingly refreshing
and so conveniently sized in a four pack
as six would have knocked me on my ass again!


sunday we actually had to purchase a budweiser in the beer garden in order to get a cup
good thing it was hot and anything beerish was refreshing!


once i had choked down the budweiser, i poured me a dogfish head midas touch
i had been wanting to try this one for a while
i am not obsessed with history, but i do like ancient mysteries enough to make me geeky on yet another front
so this was a marriage of my geekinesses, history with beer
and i found it interesting
i'm very glad i tried it
not sure i'll do so again
there was nothing wrong with it, not at all
i'm just not sure i'm down with honey and grapes in my beer
saffron sure
but too much sweet just isn't me
did i mention how happy i was to try it though?!?


and then i pulled a russian river pliny the elder out of my bag
which was appreciated not just by me
but by my s.f. friend stacy who just emailed me to say that she went out and bought herself a bottle and has fallen in love with it
and she didn't like the hoppy beers before last weekend!
and by jeshua, the guy in the back ground who happened to be sitting next to us when i cracked it
i offered him some beer and he accepted
when i showed him what he would be drinking he got all excited because he loves the pliny
serendipity!
and oh, what a brew!


it was a really great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

brewing up gender parity

the end of an era

label of love